If you're looking for an inspirational speaker with a story then Jo is probably for you. Jo shares her story of living in an alcoholic home and what it was like to be in such a traumatic environment. Everyone experiences living with an alcoholic differently but Jo shares a very honest and at times brutal experience up to the age of 16 years old. Jo's story does have a happy and inspiring element to it too. Those that have lived with someone with a drug addiction or serious mental health problem will also relate to Jo's experience.
Jo's story in brief
- A voluntary organisation working with others affected by someone else's drinking?
- A social worker that wants to better understand the environment you're walking into (from an insiders perspective)?
- A teacher / TA who would like to be more knowledgeable about what your pupils maybe going through?
- The owner/manager of a well-being event/club that has an audience interested in self-help and a real life story?
- Any other profession that is in contact with someone affected by another person's drinking?
Jo adapts her talks to suit the audience and works closely with the organisation to ensure the outcomes are met.
How long does Jo need for a typical talk?
Usually the talks are for 1 hour including time for Q & A. If you would like to see a demonstration of the technique Jo uses with her one to one clients then this will need an extra 15 minutes.
How do I book Jo for a speaking event?
If you are interested in booking Jo for a speaking event please contact her with the following information:
- Time allocated for the talk
- Anticipated number of attendees
- Outcomes desired
What do others say?
If you'd like to see what other organisations have said about Jo's talks you can view them by clicking here.